The United Methodist Women of Euless have a long history of service to the women, children and youth of our church and community. The first Women’s Missionary Society was established in 1909 and has continued under many names since then.
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the Church.
We are ladies that care about people and do little things to make a difference. We learn about God and His will in our lives through study and local mission projects. Here are a few missions that we support and organize:
- Collections of education labels, from such products as soup, cereal, and Sunny D. Labels go to support Euless First UMC’s Preschool and McCurdy School in Northern New Mexico.
- Sweater and Coat Collection for United Community Centers
- Birthing kits for UMCOR
- Valentines to homebound members
- Caroling at the local nursing homes during the Advent Season
- Underwear, socks and school supply collections for two HEB ISD schools
- Crochet shawls, baby caps, lap and baby blankets for our local hospitals
- Baptismal blankets for babies baptized at the church
There are two groups, “Circles” that currently meet.
Harmony Hope meets the First Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
Thoughtful Friends meet on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
We extend an invitation to come and join this fun and energetic group of ladies. Hope to see you soon at one of our gatherings. For more info, contact Sandy Swann at email@example.com or check our the UMW Bulletin Board in the hall outside the nursery on your way to the Family Life Center.