Euless First United Methodist Church strives to follow Jesus Christ a bit better today than yesterday. Through these efforts, we develop a relationship with Christ and thus transform people, their lives, our community, and the world. Our purpose is to seek to follow Jesus better by moving people from knowing God to growing in relationship with God, to going forth with God to serve others, and finally, glowing for God by witnessing to their faith to others.
Vision: Our vision is to be a community of God’s love and grace so that the larger community and the world see God by our actions and outreach.
We know that to follow Christ a bit better today than yesterday you must find a way to connect and form community. Thus we have created a plan to help develop disciples- Discipleship Journey. Our Discipleship Plan is the Discipleship Journey. This intentional process by which we guide persons via Individual Studies, Small Group Studies, and Retreat Events through stages on their journeys – moving from KNOWing God, to GROWing in a relationship with God, to GOing forth with God serving others and GLOWing for God sharing their faith. Here are the current courses that we offer.
1) Alpha – 10 weeks of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Join them for an informational meeting on Tuesday, September 12 at 6:30 p.m.
2) Before Amen—Max Lucado explores the very heart of Biblical prayer by offering distilled, hope-filled prayers that will help you turn your heart towards the One who longs to speak with you. This 3-week study will be held Sundays Oct 1, 8 & 15 from 5:00-6:30 p.m. and facilitated by Lynne and Alan Moffatt.
3) Stepping on Cheerios—Women who are juggling everyday feats of work, motherhood, marriage, and church will discover how God works in our lives no matter what comes next. This will be facilitated by Pastor Rachel beginning in late September.
4) Jesus Apprentice – a 5 weeks study exploring Christian belief through Christian action, following in the footsteps of Jesus-our teacher and mentor. Facilitated by Pastor Steve during his Pastor Bible Study, on Sundays at 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. beginning September 10 and 14.
5) Cherish—In this 6-week class, author Gary Thomas will show you how to cherish one another in proven, loving, and everyday actions and words, and how to bring hope, light, and life to your marriage. Led by Linda and Dave Lewis, Thursdays 7:00-8:00 p.m. Beginning September 7.
6) Beyond a Broken Heart –A Journey Through Grief. This five-week study is designed for those that have lost a loved one in the recent past. This will be led by Lynn Flaherty 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Thursdays, beginning September 7.
7) Moses: Reluctant Prophet — Join Adam Hamilton as he travels from Egypt to Mt. Sinai, the Nile, the Red Sea and the wilderness exploring the sites of Moses’ life. This six-week study will be facilitated by Mike McGehee at 7:00 p.m. Thursdays starting on September 7.
8) God’s Grand Plot— A one day retreat of getting to know the Bible. Includes a historical overview of the Bible, the Bible’s organization, and how God’s story affects the human heart. 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday, December 9, facilitated by Mike Springer. There is no cost. Materials will be provided.